Kazimierz Serocki 12th International Composers’ Competition 2011
Under the patronage of the Minister of Culture and National Heritage,
President of the City of Warsaw
TOTAL VALUE OF PRIZES: 30.000 PLN
(approximately 7.500 euro)
Deadline for entries: 1st of September, 2011
1. The competition is open to composers of all ages and nationalities.
2. More than one score per composer is permitted.
3. It is possible to submit works already performed and/or awarded in other competitions, excluding compositions already published.
1. Only compositions for symphony orchestra, with conductor will be considered.
2. Max. orchestration: 2222–4200–batt (1 esec)–archi (126.96.36.199.4)
3. Use of tape and live electronics is not permitted.
4. Duration: from 10 to 16 minutes.
Founders of the prizes:
The Ministry of Culture and National Heritage, The Authors’ Society ZAiKS
The First Prize – 15.000 PLN
The Second Prize – 10.000 PLN
The Third Prize– 5.000 PLN
PWM Edition’s Special Prize for the Youngest Winner – the complete set of CD’s and scores “Masterpieces of the 20th Century Polish Music”
Dan Yuhas (Israel) – Chairman
Indra Rise (Latvia)
Stephen Lias (USA)
Ramon Anthin (Sweden)
The decisions of the Jury are final.
The prize winners’ concert
1. The awarded compositions will be performed on November 2011 in Lutoslawski Polish Radio Concert Hall, at a special concert organised by the ISCM Polish Section, European Penderecki Centre for Music and Polish Radio Channel 2. The concert will be broadcast and offered to all members of the European Broadcasting Union.
2. The composer of the awarded work must provide all the performance materials at their own expense and send them to the ISCM Polish Section until 25th October 2011.
1. The score should be submitted anonymously and marked with an emblem.
2. Sealed envelope marked with the same emblem should be attached together with the following data:
a) composer’s full name: first name (s), surname, gender
b) date and place of birth
d) address, telephone, e-mail address or fax
e) title and duration of the composition
f) brief programme note about composition in Polish or English language
g) biography and current photograph of the composer.
3. The entries should be sent to the following address:
ISCM Polish Section (PTMW)
ul. Mazowiecka 11/24
00-052 Warsaw, Poland
phone/fax: + 48 22 827-69-81
4. The deadline for submission of scores is September 1st, 2011. The postmark is decisive.
1. Entry fee for participants is 200 PLN for each score.
2. The amount should be sent in one of the following ways: PAYPAL on the ISCM Polish Section’s website: www.ptmw.art.pl or bank transfer (bank charges covered of a sender) to the following account:
ISCM Polish Section
Bank PKO BP S.A. X O/M Warszawa
account number (IBAN): PL 77 1020 1013 0000 0302 0127 1394
Code BIC (Swift): BPKOPLPW
3. The payment receipt must be enclosed with the submitted score.
4. Cheques will not be accepted.
5. The entry fee is not refundable.
1. Entry in the Competition is synonymous with acceptance of the Rules.
2. Compositions not meeting the requirements stated in the above Rules will not be admitted to the Competition. In such case the entry fee is not refundable.
3. Contentious cases will be resolved based on the Polish version of the Rules of the Competition.
4. The submitted scores will be returned only if expressly requested and the cost of postage has been paid.
Director of the Competition – Maciej Żółtowski
Secretary of the Competition – Iwona Kisiel
The Competition is realised with financial support of the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage