Under the patronage
of the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage,
Mayor of the City of Warsaw
TOTAL VALUE OF PRIZES: 24.000 PLN
Deadline for entries: August 15th, 2013
1. The competition is open to composers of all ages and nationalities.
2. More than one score per composer is permitted.
3. It is possible to submit works already performed and/or awarded in other competitions, excluding compositions already published.
1. Only compositions for chamber ensemble of 3 to 5 instruments (chosen from the list below), without conductor, use of tape allowed, will be considered.
2. Instruments: 1 flute, 1 oboe, 1 clarinet, percussion (1 performer), 1 piano, 1 accordion, 2 violins, 1 viola, 1 cello.
3. Use live electronics is not permitted.
4. Duration: from 10 to 16 minutes.
Founders of the prizes:
The Ministry of Culture and National Heritage, The Authors’ Society ZAiKS
The First Prize – 12.000 PLN
The Second Prize – 8.000 PLN
The Third Prize – 4.000 PLN
PWM Edition’s Special Prize for the Youngest Winner: a set of Polish contemporary music scores.
The Witold Lutosławski Society Awards: the newest publications about Witold Lutosławski (book, album).
Paul Patterson (United Kingdom)
Jacek Rogala (Poland)
Lidia Zielińska (Poland)
The decisions of the Jury are final.
The prize winners’ concert
1. The awarded compositions will be performed on 28th of November 2013 in the Witold Lutoslawski Concert Studio, Polish Radio, at a special concert organised by the ISCM Polish Section and Polish Radio Channel 2. The concert will be broadcasted and offered to all members of the European Broadcasting Union.
2. The composer of the awarded work must provide all the performance material at their own expense and send them to the ISCM Polish Section until 31st of October 2013.
1. The score should be submitted anonymously and marked with an alphanumeric emblem.
2. Sealed envelope marked with the same emblem containing the following data should be attached:
a) composer’s full name: first name (s), surname, gender,
b) date and place of birth,
d) address, telephone, e-mail address or fax,
e) title and duration of the composition,
f) brief programme note about composition in Polish or English language,
g) biography and current photograph of the composer.
3. The entries should be sent to the following address:
ISCM Polish Section (PTMW)
ul. Mazowiecka 11/24
00-052 Warsaw, Poland
phone/fax: + 48 22 827-69-81
mobile: +48 535-266-363
4. The deadline for submission of scores is August 15th, 2013. The postmark is decisive.
1. Entry fee for participants is 200 PLN for each score.
2. The amount should be sent in one of the following ways: PAYPAL on the ISCM Polish Section’s website: www.ptmw.art.pl (preferred) or bank transfer (bank charges covered by a sender) to the following account:
ISCM Polish Section
Bank PKO BP S.A. X O/M Warszawa
account number (IBAN): PL 77 1020 1013 0000 0302 0127 1394
Code BIC (Swift): BPKOPLPW
3. The payment receipt must be enclosed with the submitted score.
4. Cheques will not be accepted.
5. The entry fee is not refundable.
1. Entry in the Competition is synonymous with acceptance of the Regulations.
2. Compositions not meeting the requirements stated in the above Regulations will not be admitted to the Competition. In such case the entry fee is not refundable.
3. Contentious cases will be resolved based on the Polish version of the Regulations of the Competition.
4. The submitted scores will be returned only if expressly requested and the cost of postage has been paid.
Director of the Competition – Maciej Żółtowski
Secretary of the Competition – Iwona Kisiel
The Competition is realised with financial support of the Minister of Culture and National Heritage